Participants in this DT Certificate will obtain a thorough understanding of the key ingredients in any pathway toward digital transformation. After this program participants will be able to help guide their organizations through the process of redesigning their relationship with clients and field staff, putting together a digital ecosystem, creating usable data, and putting together agile teams and processes.
The program is designed specifically around the challenges MFIs face when they move from analog to digital systems and how to strengthen their relationships with clients in a digital age.
Content and Structure:
All the modules are designed to meet the professional needs and challenges that the microfinance industry faces today and will lead to a DT-MFIs Certificate.
- Module 1. COVID and the Drive Toward Digital Transformation
- Module 2. Strategic and Business Planning for Transformational Change
- Module 3. Rethinking Financial Products for the Digital Age
- Module 4. Building Partnerships and a Digital Financial Ecosystem for Your Clients
- Module 5. Data and Data Analytics
- Module 6. Data based Management of Clients and Staff
- Module 7. Risk, Fraud and Consumer Protection in DFS
- Module 8. Developing an Agile Design Approach
- Module 9. Managing the Human Dimension of Change
- Module 10. Strategic Direction for a Future Beyond Classic Microfinance
- Robert Christen (Boulder Institute of Microfinance)
- Anup Singh (MicroSave Consulting)
- Dagoberto Cereceda (Mypedigitital Ltda)
- Dean Caire (Independent Consultant)
- Glenn Tugman (Digital Financial)
- Innocent (MiLA Consulting)
- Jeremy Pallant (International Finance Corporation)
- Lesley Ann Vaughan (MiLA Consulting)
- Martin Holtmann (International Finance Corporation)
- Momina Aijazuddin (International Finance Corporation)
- Paul Makin (Digital Financial)
- Sahana Arun Kumar (Amarante Consulting)
GUIDE FOR THE TEN-WEEK EXTENDED FORMAT
The Digital Transformation of Microfinance Institutions Training Program in Extended format will be held in English from August, 26 to November 5. The cost is USD$1950.
It offers a greater opportunity to more fully develop assignments and interact with senior faculty and peers around their experiences. Our past participants have always valued very highly this aspect of our programs.
Program participants meet online for 2-hour Live Session every Thursday, from 12PM to 2PM GMT and are expected to complete 3 – 5 additional hours of self-guided work consisting of readings, videos, and exercises at home in between each Live Session. Senior faculty will be available on Chat or live every weekday for one hour at GMT at noon. In total, participants will have a minimum of 60 engagement hours.
|Registration Deadline||August 19||Must have submitted the registration form and paid the tuition.|
|Preparation Week||August 20-25||Review and complete all preparation materials before the start of the program|
|Opening session||August 26||Special live session for the opening session on Thursday, August 12th from 12pm to 2pm GMT|
|Self-Guided Work||August 26-November 4||Work on the materials on the student portal estimate 3 –5 hours per week|
|Live Sessions||August 26-November 4||Meet every Thursday online from 12pm to 2pm GMT|
|Graduation Ceremony||November 5||Special live session for the online ceremony on Friday, October 22nd from 12pm to 1:30 pm GMT|
GUIDE FOR THE TWO-WEEK INTENSIVE FORMAT
The Digital Transformation of Microfinance Institutions Training Program in Intensive format will be held in English from September 23, to October, 5. The cost is USD$1500.
Program participants meet online for 2-hour Live Session every day, from 12PM to 2PM GMT and are expected to complete 3 – 5 additional hours of self-guided work consisting of readings, videos, and exercises at home in between each Live Session. Senior faculty will be available on Chat and live every day at a pre-established time. In total, participants will have a minimum of 60 engagement hours.
This version is identical to the ten-week program in terms of content and course materials, and we highly recommend that prospective participants obtain permission from their employer to be absent from the office for most of the day during the two weeks and only need to check in with their team for an hour or two each day. Otherwise, they will not be able to keep with the pace of the material and fulfil the program requirement and will not receive a Certificate.
|Registration Deadline||September 16||Must have submitted the registration form and paid the tuition.|
|Preparation Week||September 17-22||Review and complete all preparation materials before the start of the program|
|Opening session||September 23||Special live session for the opening session on Thursday, September 9th from 12pm to 2pm GMT|
|Self – Guided Work||September 23-October 7||Work on the material on the student portal estimate 3 –5 hours per weekday|
|Live Sessions||September 23-October 7||Meet every weekday online from 12:00 to 14:00 GMT|
|Graduation Ceremony||October 8||Special live session for the online ceremony|