TEN-WEEK EXTENDED FORMAT
May – July, 2022
Microfinance Training Program (MFT) engages participants with thought provoking readings, exercises, and group work to equip them with practical tools and strategies to confront challenging times and prepare for a post-COVID future.
Participants in this MFT Certificate Program will obtain a thorough understanding of the strategies MFIs have used to segment clients and respond to their circumstances. We will look at tactical and strategic responses in the areas of product design, HR, portfolio, and financial management. These will help MFIs explore the practical and ethical dilemmas we face while balancing our need to support our clients while at the same time ensuring our long-term sustainability.
Content and Structure:
All the modules are designed to meet the professional needs and challenges that the microfinance industry faces today and will lead to a MFT Certificate.
- Module 1. Response of the Microfinance Community to the COVID Pandemic
- Module 2. Accelerated Digitalization
- Module 3. BuildingCustomer-Centric Digital Solutions
- Module 4. Risk Management and the Financial Lives of the Poor
- Module 5. Using data for customer centric financial solutions – exploring utility of quantitative and qualitative data for product design- PART I
- Module 6. Using data for customer centric financial solutions – exploring utility of quantitative and qualitative data for product design- PART II
- Module 7. Managing Staff during Challenging Times – Keeping Staff Motivated
- Module 8. Managing performance during times of stress– Part I
- Module 9. Managing performance during times of stress– Part II
- Module 10. Strategic Direction for a Future Beyond COVID
Faculty from 2021 MFT program:
- Robert Christen (Boulder Institute of Microfinance)
- Aldo Moauro (MFR)
- Anup Singh (MicroSave Consulting)
- Evrim Kirimkan (MFR)
- Gerhard Coetzee (CGAP)
- Martin Holtmann (International Finance Corporation)
- Michael McCord (MicroInsurance Centre at Milliman)
- Momina Aijazuddin (International Finance Corporation)
- Petronella Chigara-Dhitima(Mustard Seed Consulting)
- Sahana Aun Kumar (Amarante Consulting)
- Stephen Peachey (WSBI)
GUIDE FOR THE TEN-WEEK EXTENDED FORMAT
The Boulder MFT Program Online in Extended format will be held in English during the months of May, June and July 2022. The cost is USD$2400 .
It offers a great opportunity to develop assignments and interact with senior faculty and peers around their experiences. Our past participants have always valued very highly this aspect of our programs.
Program participants will meet online for 2-hour Live Session one day a week from 12PM to 2PM GMT and are expected to complete 3-5 additional hours of self-guided work consisting of readings, videos, and exercises at home in between each Live Session. Senior faculty will be available on Chat and live most weekdays for one hour at a pre-set time. In total, participants will have a minimum of 65 engagement hours.
This Program is equivalent to a traditional Boulder MFT Certificate.